The 2019-20 school year promises to be an exciting time at Avalon Elementary School! We have so many things to look forward to this year, and we want you to be a part of it all. The 2019 Avalon Elementary PTO Board would like to personally invite you to join us as we work with our administration and teachers to create the best possible educational experience for our children.
If you are new to Avalon Elementary, or even if you have been a part of our family for years, you may have questions about the PTO, our mission and what we ask of our members. Here are some quick facts:
- The PTO is a diverse group of parents, caregivers, teachers and community members who work together to provide support programs that enhance the school experience for all our students.
- By joining the PTO, you help provide us with the financial support to make these projects possible. Your membership does not require any volunteer hours, but it does allow you the opportunity to sign-up for volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule.
Our PTO programs consist of educational, cultural, and social activities including Assemblies, Field Day, Holiday Room Parties, Teacher Appreciation Luncheon and Transportation and Admission for Field Trips.
- These important student experiences are fully-funded and administered by the Avalon Elementary PTO through the generosity of our members and the support of our parents through fundraising activities.
- We also provide outreach to families in need, coordinate community service projects and support our classroom teachers by fulfilling classroom wish lists.
- Being a PTO member also allows you to vote on important decisions about PTO endeavors and its future leadership, and suggest new ideas for PTO projects.
We hope you will consider becoming a member and support us in these endeavors. Your support and participation are what make Avalon Elementary a special place for our children.