Board of School Directors
The Board of School Directors of Northgate School District consists of nine members elected for staggered four-year terms and serve without compensation. In December of each year, the Board elects a President and Vice President. Serving in these positions for 2019 are Amy Joy Robinson as President, Michael Rajakovic as Vice President, and Daniel O’Keefe as Treasurer. Student representatives are selected by the Student Council, serve as a resource to the Board and present a monthly report on student activities.
The Board has ultimate responsibility, under Pennsylvania School Law, in the following areas:
- Exercising leadership and establishing policies for the operation of local schools.
- Employing and evaluating the Superintendent of Schools.
- Authorizing the appointment of teachers and other staff members.
- Determining education standards and goals.
- Securing finances for school operational needs and building programs, and authorizing specific expenditures.
- Expressing and representing the views of the community in matters affecting education.
- Planning and establishing district-wide goals.
- Establishing and adopting the annual budget.
Residents are encouraged to address issues or concerns with the appropriate school personnel to determine if the matter can be resolved with the Teacher or Administrator most closely associated with the situation. If the concern is not resolved at the teacher, counselor or building principal level, a member of the Central Office Administrative Staff is available to hear your concern and take appropriate action. If such action is not satisfactory, the resident’s final appeal is with the Board of School Directors.