A technology fee for families has been implemented for the 2022-2023 school year. This fee is to help cover growing costs of repair and replacement of the technology devices that our students make use of every day, including but not limited to our students’ one-to-one devices. The fee is as follows:
● $25 for the first student per family
● $10 for each additional student
● $45 maximum per family
Families that are economically disadvantaged, as defined by the state, will pay a reduced fee as follows:
● $15 for the first student per family
● $5 for each additional student
● $25 maximum per family
This fee may be paid via cash, check, or credit card. Payments may be made in the school offices or at https://payschoolscentral.com/.
Payments made by credit card will incur a processing fee of up to 4.5% that will be added to the final total.
This fee covers the Northgate School District device loaned to the student and any devices loaned to a student, other than daily loaners, against some incidents of accidental damage. The following items are NOT covered.
● Loss or theft of a device
● Damage caused by negligence including but not limited to leaving the device outside or in an automobile, immersion in liquid, any type of damage caused by food or liquid, damage caused by pets, rough or inappropriate handling, etc.
● Intentional misuse of one’s own or a peer’s device
● More than one accidental incident, including but not limited to more than one broken screen or keyboard
● Loss or damage to a power adapter/cord
It is agreed and understood that if damages are incurred or a device is lost or stolen, the building principal will investigate the circumstances that led to the damage or loss and provide this information to the technology department. This information will be taken into consideration by the technology department along with a visual and physical inspection of the equipment if applicable. A determination will then be made if damages were due to negligence or were accidental in nature and to determine the cost to repair or replace the device and assess such charges.
During the 2022-2023 school year the Board/Administration Technology Committee will review all cases where costs of damage are to be incurred by the student. If a student/family feels they have been improperly assessed a fee, they will be provided an opportunity to appeal to the Superintendent.
Students must clear all device fees before participating in graduation. Students will not be issued a new device to use outside of school until all fees are satisfied or the family has entered into an approved payment plan with the school district. The principal will review all damages determined to be from misuse or negligence and will assess the student’s continued privilege of taking the device to and from school for students in grades 6 through 12.
Device Coverage and Expiration
This coverage is effective from the date the student’s use agreement and payment are received by the school through the date when the device is to be returned in good working condition to the school or at least by the end of the current school year. This fee is non-refundable. If a student’s device is not returned they will incur a charge as if the device was lost or stolen. If this fee is not paid any and all damages will be charged in full to the student’s account.
The current repair or replacement costs for the 2022-2023 school year are as follows:
● Chromebook or iPad Charger $35
● Device Replacement $300
● Trackpad $79.00
● Keyboard $79.00
● Webcam $79.00
● I/O board repair $79.00
● Bottom Cover/Top Cover/Hinge(left or right)/Bezel $79.00 per part
● Sensor Cable/Sensor Board $79.00
● Palmrest $99.00 (with no other repairs)
● Screen $99.00
● Palmrest $109.00 (with additional repairs)
● Motherboard $169.99